Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
12 VCE English (12EEN1)
The focus of this unit is on the reading of a range of texts particularly narrative and persuasive texts, in order to comprehend, compare, appreciate and analyse the ways in which texts are constructed and interpreted. Students will develop competence and confidence in creating written, oral and multimodal texts.
Unit 3 Topics
- Reading and Creating Texts
- Analysing Argument
Unit 4 Topics
- Reading and Comparing Texts
- Presenting Argument
Learning and Assessment Activities
These units lead to
All university courses have a pre-requisite of Unit 3 & 4 English consecutively (any).
- Texts as per booklist (approx. $60).
- Excursion to a film or play depending on availability (approx. $15-$40).
- Lecture/Workshop (approx. $15-$40).
- Novels (as per booklist).
- Textbook (as per booklist).
- Writing materials (as per booklist).
For further information see...
Careers or the English co-ordinator.
Study design link