Students will look deeper into topics covered in Year 7 humanities, particularly civics and economics.
They will also look at different examples of key focus areas and expand on the knowledge they already have.
Economics and business
- cost benefit analysis
- personal financial literacy
- real life application of learning
Civics and Citizenship
- how to be an active citizen
- what rights and freedoms we enjoy in Australia
- different ways to show and express identity
Students will complete heavily scaffolded tasks in class
Activities will include:
- group tasks
- case studies
- reading the news
- listening to pod casts
- working through scenarios
- acting / role plays
Level 200 Civics
There is no textbook for this class.
There may be an excursion costing $30
Normal stationary items
See Ms Burton