Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
Mixed Team Sports 300 (PMT300)
I really enjoyed being able to run a lesson for my classmates as one of the theory tasks.
I enjoyed playing all of the team sports.
This unit is a mixed-sex class which concentrates on developing skills and fitness from modified team sports. If you enjoy sport and like to work together in team sports, then this unit is for you.
The following sports will be selected from:
- Korfball, Volleyball, Netball, Basketball, Rec Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Handball, Indoor Hockey/Floorball, Water activities such as water volleyball, water aerobics and water polo and Sof-crosse.
The theory aspect of this unit will focus on:
- Initiatives which support people being active
- Peer Coaching
This unit will focus on...
- Active Participation
- Skill Development
- Class Theory Tasks and Major Projects
- Tests and Exams
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Skill development activities.
- Minor Games
- Modified sports
- Administrative roles such as umpriing and scoring
- Fitness activities
- Instruction and practice regarding safety and use of equipment
- Video, discussion, worksheets
- Use of ICT
- Peer coaching
- Tests and research tasks
These units lead to
All year 10 and VCE Health and Physical Education subjects. VET Sport & Recreation.
This is primarily a practical subject and active participation throughout the semester is a requirement.
Possibility of up to $20 for class excursions / activities.
- Drouin Secondary College PE Shirt and Shorts
- Change of appropriate footwear (lace up runners)
- Change of socks
For further information see...
Study design link