Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
Professional Boys 300 (PPB300)
These units are single-sex classes which encourage students to develop co-operation, team work, and umpiring skills in a variety of team sports.
The following sports will be covered in this unit:
- Football, Netball, Water Polo/Synchronized Swimming & Water safety, Cricket, Volleyball, Touch Footy, Hockey, Speedball & Basketball
The theory aspect of this unit will focus on:
How athletes and everyday participants can use performance enhancement methods. Students will be able to answer the questions.
- What are the safe and healthy ways to improve performance?
- What methods are not as safe?
- what methods are dangerous or illegal?
This unit will focus on...
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Skill development activities.
- Minor Games
- Modified sports
- Administrative roles such as umpriing and scoring
- Fitness activities
- Instruction and practice regarding safety and use of equipment
- Video, discussion, worksheets
- Use of ICT
- Peer coaching
- Tests and research tasks
These units lead to
All year 10 and VCE Health and Physical Education subjects. VET Sport & Recreation.
This is primarily a practical subject and active participation throughout the semester is a requirement.
Possibility of up to $20 for class excursions / activities.
- Drouin Secondary College PE Shirt and Shorts
- Change of appropriate footwear (lace up runners)
- Change of socks
For further information see...
Study design link