Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
Specialist Basketball 300 (PSB300)
This subject focuses on the skills and game sense of Basketball and likeminded activities. This subject is coed and encourages students to develop their co-operation, team work, and umpiring skills in Basketball.
Students will participate in a range of drills and games to improve their understanding within the sport. Students will participate in a range of activities that will transfer across into the Basketball game.
The theory focus for this subject is around coaching/leadership roles and performance analysis/enhancement. Students will be able to answer the questions.
- How can you teach the skills and rules of Basketball?
- What styles of coaching exist?
- What are the relative fitness components of Basketball and how can we improve them?
- What training methods and nutritional strategies will improve performance?
This unit will focus on...
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Skill development activities.
- Minor Games
- Modified sports
- Administrative roles such as umpriing and scoring
- Fitness activities
- Instruction and practice regarding safety and use of equipment
- Video, discussion, worksheets
- Use of ICT
- Peer coaching
- Tests and research tasks
These units lead to
All year 10 and VCE Health and Physical Education subjects. VET Sport & Recreation.
This is primarily a practical subject and active participation throughout the semester is a requirement.
Possibility of up to $20 for class excursions / activities
- Drouin Secondary College PE Shirt and Shorts
- Change of appropriate footwear (lace up runners)
- Change of socks
For further information see...
Study design link