Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
Specialist Boys 300 (PSB300)
These units are single-sex classes which encourage students to develop co-operation, team work, and umpiring skills in a variety of team sports.
The following sports will be covered in this unit:
- Underwater Hockey and Water safety, Softcrosse, Baseball/Softball, Gaelic football, Soccer, Flag Gridiron, Indoor Cricket, Indoor Hockey Handball, and Basketball.
This unit will include the study of nutrition and of sports injury prevention.
This unit will focus on...
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Skill development activities.
- Minor Games
- Modified sports
- Administrative roles such as umpriing and scoring
- Fitness activities
- Instruction and practice regarding safety and use of equipment
- Video, discussion, worksheets
- Use of ICT
- Peer coaching
- Tests and research tasks
These units lead to
All year 10 and VCE Health and Physical Education subjects. VET Sport & Recreation.
This is primarily a practical subject and active participation throughout the semester is a requirement.
Possibility of up to $20 for class excursions / activities
- Drouin Secondary College PE Shirt and Shorts
- Change of appropriate footwear (lace up runners)
- Change of socks
For further information see...
Study design link