Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
Metalwork For Starters 300 (TMS300)
- "Great facilities and great projects. Love it." Brodie Stokes
- "Great subject that gives you great trade skills." Sam Booth
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of metal fabrication through the construction projects using various types of metal. We will learn to safely use specialized equipment including Mig, Arc and Oxygen Acetylene welding equipment, Guillotines, sheet metal folders and a wide variety of other large equipment and hand tools.
This unit will focus on...
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Plate metal fabrication
- Joining techniques for metal
- Team work and cooperation
- Developing skills and knowledge of the range of tools and equipment
- Becoming familiar with specialized metal work hand tools
- Researching and understanding many electronic components
- Designing and building metal projects
- Evaluating and assessing projects
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Project - LED Eco Light
- Project - Tool box
- Project - Bottle opener
- Project - Student negotiated and designed project
These units lead to
- Year 10 Woodwork
- Year 10 Engineering workshop practice (metalwork)
- Year 10 Electronics
- University studies in Construction
- Construction Tradesperson
- Systems Engineering Units 1-4
- VCE PDT Units 1 - 4
There are high safety expectations in this subject and unsafe behaviour will not be tolerated.
$25 per semester for materials and equipment
For further information see...
Study design link