Drouin Secondary College - Course Selection
PDT Textiles 400 (TTE400)
"Textiles is fun and you get to make stuff".
"I never thought I could do this class but it has been fun and I made a great bag!".
This class is designed for students of all capabilities who are interested in completing work with materials such as fabric, wool and felt.
Students will get to learn new skills in materials technology and have some choice in the products they make.
This unit will focus on...
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate a Design Brief
- Working independently or in teams
- Ability to complete all set tasks on time.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in garment construction techniques
Learning and Assessment Activities
- Cutting conventions
- Design brief
- Design folio
These units lead to
Year 11 and 12 Product Design, Technology
- Organisation and meeting deadlines
- Working independently and in teams
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate a design Brief
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in materials preparation and use
$25 per semester
For further information see...
For further information, see Mrs McHutchison
Study design link